What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Minty Ornaments


I found this idea on The Sparrows Nest and thought it would be perfect for a Corynn craft-and gift. While the original idea was to do candy canes, I found that wreaths worked best for us. The candycanes kept breaking afterward-very frustrating. To do, just form unwrapped mints into any shape you like (with edges touching one another) onto a foil lined baking sheet. Bake in 250 degree oven for 6-7 minutes or until melted together. Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes and then CAREFULLY pry off the foil. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on her site as well and thought that it looked fun but I wondered about the candy cane shape. I LOVE the wreaths even more and I am going to pick up some mints and do them maybe Friday with the kids to hang on the tree! Thanks for the great adaptation! ~Je

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to ask you for two things...leave me a private message on my blog w/ your address so I can send you a Christmas card if you would and also tell me the names and addresses (if you can) of the thrift shops you mentioned up your way. After Christmas sometime I want to head up that way and take a look.
Jen

Rebecca said...

Hmmmm...last time I tried to PM you, if didn't work. I will try again and then leave a comment to let you know I did. That way, if it doesn't come through-you will know. And-YEAH! I would LOVE a Christmas card from you!

Leah said...

What an adorable idea! An so easy!

I just found The Sparrow's Nest yesterday and thought of you when I saw it. Isn't it a beautiful blog?! I need to add it to my blog roll.