What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Tour...kinda

Well, for the first time ever, I am going to participate in a 'internet tour of homes', hosted by BooMama. I had ALREADY done all the work...so how could I not? I can tell though that this is a dangerous business. I don't need anymore blog reads in my week-but can one stop? One MUST! :-)

The rules are....

1) pictures of your tree
2) pictures of a particular collection that you love
3) pictures of your favorite nativity scene
4) pictures of your front door and
5) pictures of your outside decorations if you’d like to share them
6) favorite quick and easy holiday recipe along with the pictures

But because I am a rule-breaker by nature (not on purpose though!) here is the thing. Since I had already posted these photos, and SINCE each photo was posted as an individual POST, if you want to see ALL the decorating photos you will ALSO have to endure the rather redundant kiddo pictures intermixed. If, after that warning, you are still up to the challenge, go to my December Archives and take a looksie around!

As for the Christmas RECIPE...well, today is the day that I have to make five dozen of one kind of cookie for tomorrow's cookie exchange, so you can bet there will be a photo along with the recipe here tonight! I still don't know what kind of cookie to make yet though. When I went grocery shopping, I picked up several bags of every kind of chocolate and every possible ingredient I might need. I plan on doing my annual cookie/candy tins for the neighbors and mailen, etc. so what I don't use today-I will use soon enough! :-)

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I suppose I'm out of the loop for two reasons, first you already saw my decorations firsthand so this would be redundant, secondly I posted many of the things you listed on my blog already! That's okay though, I'll just keep a watch on people from your blog's Christmas Creativity :)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

The decorations are beautiful and so are your children. The dog house cracked me up! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed Christmas:)

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely blog. I'm a new reader, and am enjoying reading through your entries.

I'm on the Homes Tour right now, but will visit again soon.

Merry Christmas!

betsy said...

I love all the pictures of your Christmas decorations (even if they are on different posts) :). I think this is such a fun idea, we're still getting our Christmas decorations up, and haven't actually bought our tree yet (!!!) but if I have time I'll try to post some pictures when we have everything up.

Susie said...

I took to the challenge and scrolled away very blessed. You have a lovely family and beautiful decorations. I loved going through and seeing all your treasures. You are a great photographer. Thanks for having us over.

Anonymous said...

I love the branches on the dog house and mail box! Everything looks lovely.

Rebecca said...

Thanks to all who took the time out to see my decorations, small though they be. There were some GRAND houses out there! A bit dangerous for me suffering from house envy, but fun nonetheless! Happy Holidays!