What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Five minutes of Glory


Yesterday I finally put up the Christmas lights. And they proudly and elegantly shone their hearts out for a few hours. And then, they all came a tumbling down. I thought Duct tape was man's best friend? Well-not womans! Anyway...today I get to RE DO the lights. Oh yay! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Abigail said...

Argh. They looks beautiful here, though, I'm assuming pre-duct-tape-revolt.

Christine said...

Wow, it looks stunning. What a dream house.

Kelli said...

Your front porch looks gorgeous, Rebecca! Sorry to hear about the duct tape!
Kelli

betsy said...

It looks great - too bad it didn't last! But just think...you'll get to enjoy the joy of decorating for Christmas, twice!

Rebecca said...

The second time wasn't as joyful-I admit, but it DID involve LOTS of nails..

These suckers are not coming down if a hurricane were to blow over!

Anonymous said...

Those junkos always like to peck away in our driveway. I am not sure exactly what they're after... Perhaps they like motor oil? :)

Now, there is a thought with slathering yourself in birdseed... I can't believe Abby did that, either! :D

Michelle

Abigail said...

I did! And, you know what? When I was in college my younger sister Debbie did, too. It's worth a shot, Rebecca (no pun intended)...