What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, December 29, 2006

Ketchup


Yesterday, the children and I dropped Papa off at work so that I could have the car. Lots of things to do-all of which required a car. We spent an excruciating 8 hours uptown but we got lots accomplished including but not limited to...

*buying Christmas presents for all the CHILDREN of the family for next year. (Target's toys were 50% off. Ha! BIG suprise!) Someone even commented on my cart, saying I must have gotten a lot of gift cards. HA! Joke's on YOU!

*Getting replacement social security cards

*Restocking our kitchen shelves

*Getting a few clothes for next year for the kiddos including the matching hat/slipper combos above. Are they not the CUTEST things ever? I LOVE matching kids-but it can be a bit more difficult for boy/girl. Ah well.

*Returning some long-awaited items (no-not Christmas gifts...)

*Explaining to Corynn the difference between african american hair and her hair-Let me just say, it involved a very impatient and not too friendly lady, a curiously blunt girl and a wee bit embarrassed Mama.

*Picking up NINE junior frosties (we had bought a $1.00 booklet of coupons for 10 free frosties and still had nine left.) Half of them were immediately consumed, the other half await their destiny in our freezer.

* Spraining Corynn's ankle or at least hurting it so bad she has been crawling around like a baby to go places.


But-on a happy note.

Corynn was eating her lunch of soup and crackers and I was unloading my dishwasher when she suddenly said...

"Mama, do you know how much I love you?"

Me: "No Corynn. How much DO you love me?"

Corynn: grinning sheepishly... "I love you MORE than... this cracker!"

Crunch.

Wow. Thanks!

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More great pics today! I am so so glad to hear I am not the only one who loves kids in matching clothes. I've learned though that it's easier now for me to match the boys and match the girls (or at least closely coordinate them). I love the dresses that Corynn has on in the pics. I really want to try to get up that way really soon so we'll have to plan something when I do. ~Jen

Anonymous said...

Rebecca-I love your pictures and your family seems wonderful. I read your site daily I am so impressed with your homemaking skills. Rebecca in Florida

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just adorable! I just love the thi9ngs that kids say!

Full of Grace said...

I just LOVE that hat and slipper sets you bought- let me guess....Target :( You are a huge step ahead of me- I haven't bought any clearance stuff for next year yet- hopefully I'll be able to before the good stuff is all gone!

Rebecca said...

Jen~Please let me know. I would LOVE that!

Thanks so much Rebecca! (I had to double take because I thought I had written a response to Jen!) Enjoy that gorgeous weather for us! :-)

Tracy-me too-although I am so bad about remembering it all. I am going to try to write these things down so I can look back on it all.

Elizabeth- WRONG! For once. I admit, I always shop at Target but they were actually at Old Navy. Cute! Oh-and I got Samuel something from there for his birthday and it is for his head-so don't even THINK about buying that same thing or you will be in BIG BIG trouble!