What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Onward Ho

Ever tempted to wonder about the greener pastures across the fence? Ever realize that human nature is such that no matter what-discontentment rears its ugly head?

We came home from looking at that house two days ago and I looked around THIS house and thought about all I would miss. The high ceilings. The basement 'everything else' area, my craft room, my kitchen desk, the DINING room. Today though, I am thinking about everything I will miss at the other house. The wrap around porch. The orchard. The pasture. The land. The orchard. The pasture. The cedar tree. The barns. The creek. Did I mention the orchard?

We are not approved for so high a loan-mainly because of the recent job change and not having been employed for over year at one particular place. SO-unless we win a lottery that we don't play ~OR~ someone gifts us about $50,000...we have to let it go. I cried last night. And again this morning. But I think I am over it. *sniff*

Thanks to all for your kind words of support and prayer. Please continue to pray for us, that a home WOULD be made available to us that we would enjoy living in-BEFORE winters pass. Otherwise, an expensive tiny apartment without parking will be in our future. Until then...we shall trudge along. And I will enjoy these cathedral ceilings and my craft room that much more...

7 comments:

Els said...

Dear Rebecca,
we all have our ups and downs....
You maybe not the nice house, we not the permanent job (nor a house that we own), but we can be thankful that our hubbies do have a job, and that we have a Heavenly Father who will take care of us.
We keep you in our prayers

Kelli said...

Big (((HUGS))) Rebecca. I know you are sad, but God has the perfect house for you! I will keep you in my prayers.
Kelli

Abigail said...

In spite of your disappointment, I am glad that there were aspects of that grass-green home that would have been a pain (no, not the orchard!). Even though all else sounded really lovely, the practical necessities of counter space, storage, and the desire for more room space (especially if God grants you many more children) are not factors to overlook, and I hope they made the blow from the bank fall a bit softer.

I will pray that the place God provides will be just what you need (as His plan always is), but that it will have some of what you want in it, too! :) And who knows?

betsy said...

I am so sorry the house didn't work out (I've just been reading through your previous entries and catching up on everything that's happening with you guys - my, I've missed a lot!). I'll be praying that God leads you all to just the right house for your family!

Rebecca said...

Patience is a virtue...tis true.

Good things come to those who wait. *hearty nod*

Now for the more difficult:

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding...

Yep. That needs work.

Wendy said...

Rebecca, I can feel your pain easily. Just today, I had to pray that God would help me to be content with whatever he obliges me, even if I consider it meager. I know that it is hard to wait...and that you want to establish your roots...I am right there with you--Gods timing is the best timing and we both realize that--it is just hard to put our hopes and dreams on hold:) I definately hold you in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I'm sorry ((hugs)) we've been through that before also. Might I sugest trying a privet loan? The intrest rate would be a bit higher but they will often loan to thoughs that don't qualify through banks.
Hugs,