What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

And it begins....

Posted by Picasa


This morning, in order to get to work, Matt and I (by that I mean, Matt did while I made a feeble attempt helping)had to shovel by hand the entire driveway and gravel road up to the main road. For those of you who know how big our driveway is-enough said. For those of you who don't~ Ha. It is insane. Our home used to be a business building, our driveway-a parking lot. Matt was chugging away and was nearly done when I got out there. Of course, I did help *PUSH* him the rest of the way onto the hard road. :-) That, on top of the fact that his truck wouldn't start this morning so he had to take the car. You should have heard him grumbling. I was only thankful that though the snow was PLENTIFUL, it was also powder light. That helped a LOT.

I will be on later today or tomorrow to share the valentine's day pictures. Nothing special for ME, but I did make little gifts for the children-one of which you already saw. Last night, I threw together a little something for Andrew and Corynn has already spied it so I must be off to do some love sharing.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day everyone!


5 comments:

Els said...

I know it's a while ago, but I think our drive in Ithaca was longer....and indeed long enough to get everyone (apart from Ineke who was 2.5 years at he time) warm during a power outage.....
ENJOY the snow!
We've had 2 days of wet snow this winter (last Friday), and now it looks like spring! It will eventually come your way!
Happy belated birthday to Matt (doesn't he have a truck with a snow plow?)

Kelli said...

Brrr..what a cold way to start the day! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, Rebecca!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. You need a nice Mennonite neighbor like we have who will plow out your driveway free of charge. I feel for Matt and you... When I was younger (and before my mom and stepdad bought a snowblower!), we often had to do just what you guys did! You may joke that Matt is old, but he is young and healthy. Otherwise, he would have fallen over from a heartattack doing that! :P

I see a snowblower or a plow for the truck in your future, especially if you plan on living in the chilly northeast!

Have a happy Valentine's Day, all! :D

Michelle (I have a new blog now!)

smilnsigh said...

I'm soooooooo late with reading blogs. But a Belated Happy Valentine's Day, anyway.

'MN'

Rebecca said...

We don't have a truck with a plow-but if we stay here, that WILL be on the agenda. We were very grateful that the landlord brought over a tractor and plowed out the drive. I rewarded him the a hearty piece of cake and a few gushes.