What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hot Chicken Salad


I have decided to *try* and post a recipe on here each week. Perhaps it will motivate me to try new things and they are always fun to share! SOOOO~ Here is another winning casserole-type dish recipe. I have been trying to convince my meat and potatoes husband that there is GOOD in casseroles. They are easy on the budget-AND they make up fast, since I usually use leftover meats that had been frozen.

This recipe fills an 8x8 pan, but can be doubled easily.

2-3 c. cooked chicken, diced or shredded
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 T. chopped onion
(can use fresh or dried)
1/2 c. white sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 can mushroom stems and pieces
, or use fresh
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonaise
12 butter flavored crackers, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
(as you can see, we are a fan of cracked peppercorns. You can use white pepper to make it look pretty though.)

chips, (or crackers) crushed (I used a handful or two of BBQ chips since Linda just gave us some)

Add all ingredients to bowl (except chip crumbs) and mix. Add to a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish (or 8x8 pan) Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 375 oven until bubbly on edges. Add crushed chips around edges and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden. Garnish with celery head, if desired. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

This looks delicious...Bob doesn't like casseroles- It truly stinks, because I make them so rarely now. He is out of town for a few days though.....hmmm :)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca-
Mmmmm, that casserole looks really good! I will have to try the recipe - thanks for sharing it!

Blessings,
Michelle from MI

Rebecca said...

What's Bob out of town for Elizabeth! Spend this time making everything that you love but he hates! :-)

Michelle, have you visited me before? I don't recall, but I am glad you stopped by! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
I enjoy reading your blog every day but I had never commented before yesterday - figured it was time for me to do that!

Blessings,
Michelle

Kelli said...

MMm...this sounds and looks so yummy!
Kelli

Wendy said...

I make a dish similar to this...we love casseroles!! Sometimes I use stuffing in it...I would most likely omit the mayo and use sour cream....your dish looks really yummo!