What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday Musings

I had to switch to the New Google Blogger and, well, I am not so pleased. Matt assures me it must be all in my head-but I can't be disuaded. I think "it" has something against me. I am having a HARD time posting pictures...hard meaning-impossible. What will happen to this blog if I can no longer post pictures, I ask? That will be no fun at all. I might not even bother!

So-here is a boring word post, terribly void of color and visual personality. Ah well. Perhaps tomorrow I will get on "it's" good side.

I should have plenty of opportunity!

The weather gods tell me that there is a winter storm warning starting tomorrow and ending the following evening-where Sleet and Snow will marry, be fruitful and multiply, creating little Hazards. By the end, we should be seeing 6 inches to a FOOT. Argh.

For this reason, as well as another, the children and I headed uptown-AGAIN. Mondays are typically our shopping days (when we don't go to bible study on Wednesdays), but this Monday I had to be doubly sure that we were prepared for being snowed in for a while. Of course, we are in the midst of birthday preparations as well.

Tomorrow, is the big day. Matt will have been given to the world for 30 years tomorrow. That was the OTHER reason we had to head to town...for ONE last present, cake ingredients, and the goodies to make a special birthday dinner. The cake will be the same as it is every year (per Matt's request)...White cake with Peanut Butter frosting. Each year it gets nicer looking though! As for dinner, I think that that will be a surprise! ;-)

The gift that we got for the Papa today is pretty large, and I am anxious to start the GIVING (as Matt, I am sure, is anxious to start the GETTING!) I will probably let him 'open' the one from today, well..TODAY! :-)

It seems I have been 'shopping' a lot, this family has been sick alot, and I have been lazy a lot. These things melded together make a dangerous combination, to be sure. While the open areas of the house are tidy and nice, the rooms that can be hidden behind closed doors have gone by the wayside. FAR off the road and into a cornfield. I think this snow storm is just my motivation to get moving on those things. It will probably take several days before I can be finished.

But on a brighter note-I have not been ENTIRELY lazy...at least, my FINGERS haven't. I have gotten several new crochet squares done for my quilted afghan! I have photos to share, if ever I am able. I am pretty excited. My skirt is all done except for the zipper, Nancy said she would teach me a TRICK to get the zipper right, and so I await her instruction on that one. Lots of little projects in the works, none have yet to come to fruition. What a grand day that will be! :-)

3 comments:

Paula said...

The New Blogger has you automatically open up in EDIT HTML. You should be able to click on COMPOSE (it is a tab on the upper right next to where you enter your title for the post). Does that help?? :)

Full of Grace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!

May God bless you with many more birthdays and many more years :)

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL celebration, and I hope you are able to figure out how to post photos so that we can see evidence of the party :)

smilnsigh said...

Don't give up on the New Blogger. Remember how I was constantly waillllling and whinnnning, when I first switched? Well, I was!

And slowly but surely, I've learned to manage "the Ogre." ,-) Pretty well, any way. You will too.

And at the beginning, it did seem as if New Blogger did not like me. It did. -pout-

But see... No matter how much they say that "IT'S NOT BETTA ANYMORE!!"... Well, I don't believe it. :-(

The very nature of 'Betta' is... "We don't have all the kinks out and you will help us find them and fix them." And I just don't buy it, that all the kinks _are_ out. Nor do I buy, that we are not still helping them to get it right.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! -grin-

Hugs to you, during your "Entry"... {into New Blogger}

'MN'