What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blooming Beauties

I went grocery shopping today and thought it would be a lovely thing to brighten my day to get myself some flowers. I toyed with the idea of the $3.00 carnations but I have never felt very passionate about carnations. Then I saw the discounted roses, nearly a dozen for the same price. Of course, some were on their way OUT (but I use the petals just fine too!)

The following photographic redundancies are because of said flowers. I thought, "Oh how LOVELY would these roses be against the snow..." and then, as they often do, one thing led to another. In fact, one now awaits my Love to return home, proudly perched next to a written note in the snow where he will park his truck.

I hope you enjoy!





He who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth is generally
considered a fortunate person, but his good fortune is small
compared to that of the happy mortal who enters this world
with a passion for flowers in his soul.
- Celia Thaxter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
Glad you are feeling better! Thank you for the beautiful rose pictures and wonderful quotes. You helped me to remember not only to stop and smell the roses, but to take in all their beauty as well.
Have a wonderful day.
Victoria

Charree said...

Happy First Day of March, Rebecca! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Charree

smilnsigh said...

You were _not_ kidding when you said, come and see the roses, for rose overload, were you? Tee,hee,hee...

But you know I LUV roses. :-)

And how about you? Are you feeling better????

Mari-Nanci

Kelli said...

The white on white is so beautiful!
Kelli