What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What IS it?



This creature was SUPPOSED to be a platypus but Corynn insists it is a duck. Andrew is making some 'quacking' sounds, so I guess he decides!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

It looks like a platypus, but I can also see how the kids think it looks like a duck from the colors- it is so adorable, and such a nice idea..Did you think of it yourself? Did you follow a pattern? I love Andrew's Platyduck :)

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit, I thought "what a cute little duck" when I saw it... I love it!
~Caite~

Rebecca said...

Alright. I already commented on this...where did it go.

I know. You are right Caite. It does look like a duck...but only because it is yellow and orange. If it were brown and cream, it would DEFINATELY be a platypus. Perhaps someday, if brown yard makes it way into my stash, I will prove it to you! :-)

A long time ago, while I was searching for free and easy online patterns for ponchos, I happened upon a bunch of stuffed animals made from squares. I adapted that to make the playpus-but of course, didn't have a pattern, just my memory.

Abigail said...

Love this! The yarn is perfect for him, platypus or no.