What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Just in time (I hope)

Yikes! I totally forgot to post the recipe for those Valentine Ribbon cookies, per anonymous' request. I did it first thing this morning, after reading your reminder. I am SO sorry! Yikes. I hope I am not too late for you. To see it, go here.

Also...Paula asked a question about the heart floral I made. I am not all that great with computer stuff so a picture was the best (I tried to draw it but couldn't figure out how to post a drawing...) Here is the layout of the votives...

Make sure you cut the stems 1 1/2 to 2 inches long...not too long or the flowers will not stay in the cups, not too short that they sink in. Start with one fully bloomed flower and work your way around. I think I fit about three roses from various stages in blooming in each votive, then readjusted the cups to look more heart-y...then I added one or two flowers to fill in bare spots. If you have to add more flowers to make the shape consistent, do so. If you have to adjust the cups-do!

I would love to do a tutorial-but I have no fresh flowers so it wouldn't be much of one!! :-) Hopefully, this brief explanation helps you! Don't give up-you can do it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~
As for me...I bought the goods to make Matt a special birthday dinner of London Broil and Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna (our favorite) with freshly made rolls and birthday cake.

When I asked Matt what he might like for his birthday dinner, he requested one of the simplest crockpot meals I could ever possibly make and some of his favorite homemade bread. SOOO-that is what he gets! Unfortunately, the crockpot meal requires a can of tomato soup-which I did not have. SO-I guess it wasn't as simple as originally planned but still, pretty simple!

As we speak, the crockpot is cooking our meal, the bread machine is baking our bread, and the cake is cooling on the counter awaiting its makeover, Barbara Striesand is giving a concert in my living room, a tea rose candle is perfuming my home, and I have presents to wrap!


It's a good life.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Enjoy the festive night! And if you have no other plans for that nixed birthday dinner, mail it my way. It sounds yummy.