What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sweet Returns


My mailbox has been gifting me with a special surprise each week for the last five weeks. It all started with the apron that I was awarded. A letter and cd full of photos, a Valentine, lovely books and magazines, homemade soap and washrag, and a whole box of goodies later-my arms and heart are brimming.

Of course, it wasn't ACTUALLY the mailbox who has made my daily visits so enjoyable...it has been from the generosity and thoughtfulness of my dear friends from afar, both new and old.

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful kindness to me. It might be fairly obvious as this blog has become near obsession for me, but since our move I have found myself trapped between two worlds. The old world, where all my friends and family still exist-and the new world, that I just can't seem to grasp since we are so often visiting the OLD world. :-)

My days are spent keeping that 'lonely' monster locked in the closet. Thankfully, I have children, so I have FAR less time to feel sorry for myself than I would otherwise.

All this to say, your letters and packages have been so wonderful to receive and I have cherished each one. Thank you for making these last few weeks so laden with special surprises!

Yesterday, one of the last things I had to do was finish the contents of this little package. Just a *little* sweet return-but I mustn't reveal the contents or the surprise will be ruined! And because I love my seals...I just had to include another photo of it!

3 comments:

smilnsigh said...

A real seal, made with sealing wax. I've not seen one of these in a long time.

My friend and I used to put them on the back of our letters, to each other, some years ago. But I doubt they'd go easily through the new PO machines!

Eeek no! They'd probably mess something up in the machine and... -grin- Guess they could be sent on letters, if one added extra postage for hand stamping.

Mmmm.. progress? Sometimes I wonder.....

'MN'

Rebecca said...

Trust me-they do just fine through the machines-at no extra charge. I have been a wax seal-o-holic since I found a wax supplier and Matt (Santa) got me some this holiday season.

The only thing the postman expressed about it was how delighted he was to see it!

Kelli said...

I LOVE wax seals and yours is so beautiful! What a pretty package on its way to a friend!
Kelli