What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, February 09, 2007

This graced the food table as well...


I took six votive holders, filled them with water then arranged them in a heart shape. I then cut blooms about 1 1/2-2 inches from roseheads and placed them in the water, making sure to distribute the colors evenly.

It was such a beautiful centerpiece and the hostess was very pleased when I told her she could keep it, along with the extra uncut roses. (I must say...it was hard to let such beautiful roses go after just buying them-I was only able to do it by convincing myself that Matt would get me some soon...I hope!) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Boy, this would be difficult for me to part with- it is so beautiful, and perfect for Valentine's Day :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, Rebecca!

Blessings,
Michelle from MI

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS...and soo simple!! you are soo creative..i admire you and you have great ideas!

Rebecca said...

It got a few ooh's and aahhs...of course-most of them were from me! :-)

Paula said...

this is SO BEAUTIFUL!! and I feel so stupid because I just cannot make it work! can you draw up a quick photo (you can take a digital pic of it so you don't have to scan it in) or do a step by step pic tutorial?? :) Mine just is NOT looking like this!! UGH!! I know it is some simple step I am missing (maybe not placing the votives in the right place. I am getting so frustrated! LOL!!

Abigail said...

This is gorgeous. Well done, Martha!