What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, February 05, 2007

Posted by Picasa

There were two major highlights to our weekend. The first being-a visit from a very generous aunt. She works as an advertising gal for a bunch of craft magazines and always has about 9 different craft magazines to share with me. The joy (my joy, that is) of her job, is she gets free samples of EVERYTHING so that she can decide if the product is ‘quality’ enough for her magazines to advertise it. LONG story short-she brought over a bag FULL of scrapbooking stuff for me that she got for FREE and graciously shared it with me. In the bag was a heat gun, papers and stickers out the wazoo, shimmery envelopes, an ink pad, beads…well over $50.00 worth of items. She said she had thrown other stuff away because she didn’t know what to do with it all. I begged her never to do that again...pleaded.

The other highlight was a visit to a local Mennonite Market, in which I stocked up on some goodies and spices. There was a hitching post in use by a horse and buggy…unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get a photo. Argh. I hate moments like that….when I see an opportunity pass my by. I chatted with the owners, who then told me that they had started the bulk food store out my way-they knew exactly where I lived! It is a small world-and it is exciting that there is a bulk store near me!

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Glad you got _all_ they 'yummy things.' Sorry about the missed photo opp. Yes, I've now been doing some photos myself, and I know how you must have felt. But, another great photo opp is probably right around the corner.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... the flying beasty, perhaps.<--My bad! My bad! ,-) I know, my bad.

'MN'

Rebecca said...

NOT funny!!! hehehe. Well, maybe a *little* funny...