What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, February 09, 2007

Sleep Rebecca, SLEEP!

Posted by Picasa

I spent yesterday preparing for the Valentine Making Party last night. (Actually, TECHNICALLY, since it is 11:43 pm, that sentence should read... I spent today preparing for the Valentine Making Party tonight.) Whenever I do anything fun, I have a hard time getting to bed at night. Weird, huh?

I had sample cards to make, snacks to prepare, messes to clean, and plans to put into action. It was a nice time, too! EVERYTHING was there...even a bottle of lavendar spray to scent up the cards! SO~it was a busy day, but a GOOD busy-and well worth the effort. Afterward, I was awarded what I consider to be the best compliment I have ever received, and that made me feel good too. I hope to never forget what Terri told me~it couldn't have come at a better time.

Overall, I am quite proud of myself for getting so much accomplished in the kitchen in one day. I haven't had this much daily production in the kitchen since my canning days of summer! Matt works this weekend, so he had today off. On his days off, I try to make him a hearty breakfast. Last night he asked for bacon, eggs, home fries and toast and so that is what greeted him this morning. (It is usually this or a toss up with sausage gravy and biscuits...)

Along with that, I hardboiled nearly a dozen eggs for some hot pickled eggs (using Matt's obsession, Volcana Pickle juice. Thanks again Kim!), made chocolate covered strawberries (and pretzels with the leftover chocolate), made about a gazillion sugar cookies, made bread dough and then stromboli for the family as I skipped out the door to my party.

It WAS a good day-and now it is done....so I must head to BED!

PS~The photo above is of the nightlight in my bathroom and is in no way relevant to this post. I just thought it was perty. :-) Now- goodnight!

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

Glad your party went so well! It looked beautiful from the photos you posted! What was the ultimate compliment btw?

smilnsigh said...

The photo of your nightlight issssss *purrrrrrrrrrrdy.* And much more so, than the generic one in our bathroom. :-)

'MN'

smilnsigh said...

How doooooooo you do, all which you do?!?!?! You are one amazing lady.

Everything looks just precious. What more can I say? :-)

'MN'

Rebecca said...

MN~ the nightlight is a pale lavendar hydrangea in the daylight. We received it as a hostess gift for having people over for the weekend and I just love it. It sits on a lavendar, cream and yellow doily...

Elizabeth~At the end of the night, one of the ladies took me aside and thanked me for putting it together and told me that "It seems beauty follows you around everywhere." I thought that was very nice, and very well timed since I was feeling pretty low. It meant a lot.