What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, February 01, 2007

February 1st


Happy February, all!

Oh, February 1st is one of my favorite days. Why? Because it marks the start of my Valentine's Day excitement! Of course, Matt's birthday is the day BEFORE Valentine's Day so he gets the better end of the deal...but hey, I do so love getting him gifts!

This year, he turns the B.I.G 3-0. Old man. :-) (He sure did rob the cradle with me!) So far, he is handling it all very well. Of course, he has always been the one who has wanted to skip the younger adult years and head straight to the gray hair part...that way he would be respected and distinguished. I don't foresee his 'transition' to be anything but grateful for another year. But-one never knows the surprises of the future...he could have a pre-mid-life-crisis right on the heels of his 'anniversary.'
Someone once said, "Only the first is a birthday, all the rest are anniversaries." Don't remember who, but whoever it was...was a smart cookie.

Yesterday I did a bit to spruce up our home to get into the Valentine spirit. I posted some pictures below. AND I finished Corynn's valentine surprise-with pictures below. OF COURSE.

I told Matt last night that all I want for Valentine's Day is for him to write me a poem. He is a lovely poet but it has been a LOOOONNNGGGG time since I was awarded one. Of course, He has been sick for the last few days and was practically comatose when I was talking to him.

I also told him about my most romantic (and desired) wish. I think my most romantic and wonderful surprise would be for Matt to take a photo of my bridal bouquet back to the florist who made it and have them make me an exact replica for me to enjoy. Of course, it would be even more wonderful if it was preserved in silicone or something so I could see it EVERY day. Not holding my breath on that one, either. :-)

What is the most romantic thing that YOUR husband's could do for you? Not just for Valentine's day, but WHENEVER???
 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Carmichael Family said...

That would be so sweet if Matt did write you a poem...I've always wished I was poetic, but alas, beyond being able to rhyme, any poem I could compose would truly be at an elementary school level. I love your idea for getting your bridal bouquet remade! Have you tried drying flowers? Surely there must be something that you could then spray them with that would make them last...
MOST romantic thing my husband could do? I'd have to think about that one...

Rebecca said...

I am not a poet either. I think I have written two poems in my life. I think that is why I just LOVE that HE can. I have my fingers crossed.

Wendy said...

Hmmm....Most Romantic thing he could do? I would have to say...that he would have our bags packed, coverage made for the kids, and he would surprise me by just showing up somewhere that I was ...and whisk me away to a cozy location...complete with pool,and jaccuzzi...a special supper, some sight seeing while holding hands...anything as long as we can be together and childfree for a day. Is that too much to ask? He did do an overnight like that once...but I would rather not stay in town...maybe Cooperstown, or a trip to Corning glass Museum...Perhaps I have thought way too much on this....I think Matt would be lucky to only have to write a poem...

smilnsigh said...

Most romantic thing? I always wanted an emerald ring. 'Want' as in, "one- wants-to-go-to-Paris" want.

And he had one made for me, exactly as I dreamed it, back in our earlier marriage years, when it wasn't all the easy to do. :-)

Oh and that wish to see Paris, he gave me that, for our 40th Anniversary.

Wonder how he'll top that, for our 50th in a couple of years? -giggles-

'MN'

Anonymous said...

The most romantic thing.....Here's mine....One Valentines Day about six years ago we had just relocated to No. CA & we were living in a small camp trailer while we waited to get into our house. Money was tight & our spirits were low. It was a tough time for us. We took turns working on each others days off to make ends meet. Sean picked me up from work & sitting in my seat was a beautiful picture that he had sketched of our then 18 month old daughter (who is now 7) while she slept. I burst out into tears & was so thankful for her, for him, for the blessed life God gave us.... Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think back on that wonderful thought & to share it.
Have a wonderful weekend & I hope that your family is well soon.
Victoria =)

Rebecca said...

Wow. Great ideas everyone. I love how they have already been done! You guys have some wonderful hubbies...now they can just get better, but they already attained the MOST romantic!

Wow. Paris. Now THAT is a gift!