What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cats and Dogs



It's raining out today.

Not the "Oh drat. Such a burden it is to see the sky opening up outside" but rather the,

"Oh, Praise GOD it is raining-the earth needs it so!"

Today is one of those days that I welcome with happy heart the dark gray mist outside. The muted and solemn house within. Silent, all but the constant pattering on the rooftops and window sills.

Rain makes you isolated. It's unlikely anyone will drop by for a visit. You don't want to go anywhere if you don't have to. You can't even see out the WINDOW clearly. And let's not forget, rain lightens the responsibilities for the day. No watering plants. No hanging laundry. Practically, a day off! :-)

And today, for me, it is PERFECT.

I hope to spend some more time stitching away today. I have such a long list of things to do! I started the morning with high HIGH hopes for a productive day.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I LOVE rainy days! It looksl like you are having a good one and I hope you get lots of stitching done!
Kelli

Christi said...

That's how we're feeling about the rain here in GA, too. I've always been fond of rainy days - so cozy!

Found your blog today through Jewels (Eyes of Wonder). Hope you're having a great afternoon

Gena said...

I LOVE the rain. We are in dire need of it here in Georgia. We did get about 30 minutes of it this afternoon and it was beautiful! I'm like you - the rainy days make me want to sew, crochet or cross-stitch. I love to sit feeling cozy and just watch the lovely water.

Bonnie said...

Amen to the rain, except its been coming in about 10 minute spurts every now and then over here.
Amzingingly, everything is already starting to green up!

Abigail said...

It rained here, too, on that day, and I soaked it up!