What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 09, 2007

course, she liked these things too.

I hit one yard sale where an elderly lady was selling all SORTS of treasures. Her husband had died and her daughter was coming to live with her. After 50 years of saving, she was getting rid of much of her stuff. Vintage hats and shoes, milkware and other antiques. When I saw the brown hat (below) I thought immediately of Corynn. I loved all of them but couldn't see spending the asked for $3.00 per hat. Not I the cheapskate, and not at a yardsale. Even though, realistically, they were worth that and more.

She was SO excited to see me purchasing a hat...I heard her whisper to her daughter. We got to chatting and eventually she told me I could have all that I wanted for $6.00. I brought home quite a few hats! Sadly, non of them fit MY head. :-( But a few look REALLY precious on Corynn!


I can't wait to see her wear this one in the fall!

This one came with a matching apron! A Little Miss Sunbonnet Sue. This one was a perfect find, because just this last week, I made a prairie hat for Corynn-but it was slightly too small for her and we were BOTH disappointed. I am glad I found one to replace the small one.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gena said...

Wow! I can't believe what you found. Those hats are beautiful. I love the little bonnet and apron on Corynn.

betsy said...

These clothes are just too adorable, Rebecca! I have definitely been missing out by not blogging and checking others blogs much lately!!! I love those precious outfits. Just the kinds of things I like to dress my sweet darlings in (when they aren't out playing in the dirt that is!!!). And what a bargain on the hats! That is wonderful! I hope you are doing well.
Love,
Betsy

Christine said...

She looks just darling, Rebecca. You find and make the cutest outfits!Thank you so much for your prayers. You are a dearie!

Julieann said...

I just love the hats--she looks adorable in them.

Julieann

Abigail said...

About three weeks ago, we were given several bags of clothing, and Millie excitedly found her own bonnet inside! Just the week before, she'd been wishing aloud that she had a bonnet like Laura, and I secretly planned to sew her one for her birthday. No need now! She wears it constantly. I think she and your Sunbonnet Sue need to get together.