What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Little Did I know...



Deep in the thick of blanket-stitching, things in the house had gottan errily silent. Corynn was outside, splashing and cooling off (it was a horrible hot 8:00am, let me tell you!) and the Panda was downstairs.

After a minute or two of giving him the benefit of the doubt (he is a good Panda, after all...) I put down my stitching and headed downstairs. To find this. Or, a similar scene. THIS shows a black background.

If only I were so lucky.

Andrew had scribbled on...

1) The basement door
2) The wall
3)Three stairs leading DOWN to the basement
4) Monach chyrsalise frame
5) the top towel in a load of freshly dried clothes basket


Oh yeah... AND...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I'm sure you were frustrated and angry all wrapped up in one, but I will say this...I'm glad you took pictures because someday you will be able to tell the story, and have photos to support it. Yes, you don't want to show approval by snapping photos, HOWEVER you were able to catch a memory at the time it happened (and Andrew does look so cute, even if he was VERY naughty!) :)

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Oh...I just had to leave a comment. Did that ever take me back, about sixteen years to be exact! They didn't have the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers then, either (although I am not sure they would work on this).

Yes, you did the right thing. You took pictures. His children will absolutely love them one day.

Kelli said...

He ate the evidence!! Now that is very clever you have to admit! ;0) These marker episodes happen to every single mother I think, now you are part of the club!! I know that angry feeling though and I'm glad everyone is happy again!

Hugs,
Kelli
P.s. Thank you for looking up the name of the butterfly for me!

Gena said...

After I looked at all the photos, I laughed and laughed! I know it wasn't funny when it happened, but oh my, it has happened with ALL of my children I think.

He certainly looks good in green!

Lori said...

Oh boy. He really got into some trouble in a short little while.
When all is quiet...you never know what is going on.
Too cute!