What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Priority



Another post office trip today, and ALL (said as if there were lots!) of my Etsy customers are now taken care of.

As I was checking out all my packages, Corynn was busily making mail herself. She showed me this bulging Hello Kitty envelope, licked and stickered shut to the point that I wonder if it will EVER be opened. I don't know what is inside. Hopefully not a car key or anything.

Once at the post office and paying for the packages, she kept whispering "Now Mama?" "Is it my turn NOW, Mama?"

The postal worker asked what we were going to do that was so exciting. I told her and she laughed.



"Oh-to be so thrilled and so entertained by the little things like that!" said she.

She was tickled pink to get to put HER mail in the mailslot HERSELF. See? She has practically turned pink before our eyes!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gena said...

I love these pictures - especially the black & white one.

Isn't it great when our children get excited over the littlest things? I just love that. It makes my day when it happens.

Jennifer said...

Hi,
I don't know htat I have posted before, but I have decided that it is time :)
I read your blog almost every day and really enjoy seeing all your adventures and endeavors.

I too have been attemping to sew some things and have been exploring the whole sewing world. I also love to take photographs. Though mine tend to be more traditional. I do love the uniqueness of your shots. You seem to capture qualities that can easily be missed.

I live in Alska, but feel almost like a friend through reading your blog :)

I have one little daughter who is 1 1/2 and a dear sweet Husband.

I feel like we hav e many things in common, though I don't write as much on my blog. I think it is primarily because it is mostly my fmaily that reads it and thye pretty much know everything already.

Ok....Wow! I really should restrain myself. This is turnign into a book and I am sure you ahve better things to do thatn read my rambling :)

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog.

Rebecca said...

You're right Gena, and I always try and remind myself, at times like that, to find joy in the small things too. Just one more example of my children teaching ME lessons!

UNDER THE SUN~don't STOP! :-) No-you weren't writing a book and you SHOULDN'T restrain yourself and I DON'T have better things to do (well, I have things I SHOULD do but don't WANT to do...) so keep going!

This blogging thing is fun but it is VERY one-sided. And the feedback is always about YOURSELF and the things you write, post, etc. It is REFRESHING and NICE to hear about someone else on this blog for a change, and wonderful to learn MORE about my visitors than just their names!

I went to your profile to find your blog but couldn't find one so I can only HOPE that you will stop back here to read this little note to you.

I just want to say THANK YOU for visiting me every day and for introducing yourself in such an open way! I was just commenting earlier today at how blogging has opened up a world to us and allowed friendships to blossoms where they might otherwise not have been able to.

It seems we DO have lots in common~I look forward to hearing more about you!

Abigail said...

Yes, the mail slot holds a world of wonder for my girls, too. The mystery! The excitement!

Speaking of mail slots, we received a wonderfully fat envelope from your Little Miss, and my girls were thrilled. We've had three batches of company in the last three weeks, so now that things are hopefully slowing down, I plan to stuff an envelope full of all that they've been stockpiling for her. I have a few things for you, too, that I was going to hand off at the Marbles' get-together, but, alas, the get-together was Newman-less, so here they sit.

I feel a bit swamped right now with all the "must-do's", but although I plan to write you a juicy letter, I'm going to wait until I can do so without feeling like it's just another thing to check off the to-do list. I want to enjoy it! :) So, anyway, a rambling thank-you to your little mail-girl. She really brightened up the day for my girls.