What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Peace offering


...or at least to hold you over.

You know those 'secret tutorials' I was planning to share? Well. I am STILL planning to share them, but after one week (or was it two???) having passed...those of you just waiting on the edge of your seat :) might have thought I have abandoned you.

I haven't. So, to appease you just a bit, I post pictures of the ballerina skirts in question. With an explanation. I ran into a few glitches with the skirt I made for Corynn. I figured out the problem and prepared to make my next skirt with problems resolved. That one turned out nice, but I wasn't entirely happy with it. The skirt seemed to need more bushyness.

When I make a tutorial, I want it to be good-and the first two weren't good ENOUGH.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gena said...

I love these little skirts! I know a few little ones who would love one of these for Christmas. I'm looking forward to your tutorial.

Mrs. H said...

I just bought some tulle last night to make my dd a tutu! I hope I can get to it before we leave on vacation tomorrow. She is really into princesses and ballerinas right now.

Mrs. H

Abigail said...

I picked up some tulle at a rummage sale this past spring in order to make a ballerina skirt for my poor, costume-deprived girls. I love the idea of flower-filled ones, and I think the colors you chose are perfect. They'll love them!