What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer's here.



Well, it seems summer has returned for another visit. I was wondering about it all, when the gray rains kept coming. And then, when the sumac trees began turning orange. Yes-I saw some YESTERDAY which has me pretty worried the rest of the day.

But today, yes TODAY there is not a CLOUD in the brilliant blue sky.

A perfect day to gather some of my home-grown flowers to bring inside. After all, I won't be enjoying them on the patio THIS afternoon-too hot! :-)

Also perfect for catching up on laundry and drying SEVERAL loads in one day. AND for fresh bedding. AND for iced tea,

all of which have happily filled my day.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous bouquet! I love reds and purples together. They make life so cheerful. And the price is perfect.

Anonymous said...

So glad your getting some nice weather! We are in the middle of a big heat wave.

Julieann said...

What pretty flowers--hope you enjoyed your perfect summer day:)

Julieann

smilnsigh said...

And you know I wish you HYDRANGEA, planted in your long-to-stay-there-garden, someday. :-)))

Mari-Nanci