What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 09, 2007

The Treasures


Yard sales of course bring a few new 'boring' clothes and books into the house, but on rare occasions, they offer some real treasures for your home. This weekend was a treasure weekend. This was my favorite item...a deacons bench for the front door-so that people can sit to take off their shoes. It fits snugly between the wall and stairs and was less than $10.00!

Of course, after ALL the treasures I got in one trip-I was happy I have only been yard saling a few times this season! Imagine all the money I might have spent on treasures we really didn't need!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gena said...

I love that bench! I have a little one by my front door - it was a gift to me when I was pregnant with my first. It is child-sized, but the kids still use it. We call it the "bus stop". I'm not sure why, maybe one of the little ones used it to pretend one day?

What a great find.

Full of Grace said...

I absolutely LOVE it and am jealous of YOUR FINDS this time! You can never say that I find the good deals anymore, because in my opinion- YOU HIT THE JACKPOT :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I have that exact same bench that I found at a thift store several years ago. Currently it's being stored in the shed as I can't find a home for it at our new home. :(

Lori said...

Love your bench.