What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Days

Posted by Picasa

This weekend was wonderful for me. On Saturday, Matt stayed with the kids for a few hours while I went off by myself. It is AMAZING what a bit of alone time can do to refresh a person! I didn't realize how much I needed that break until it had actually happened!

I went yard saling a bit and then went to browse in an antique store. VERY nice. I have been WANTING to go in there FOREVER but never could with the children. Not if I wanted to enjoy myself. So. That was fun.

The whole weekend was nice and relaxing and enjoyable. We laughed. We played Boggle. We laughed some more.

It was nice.

4 comments:

Gena said...

I'm so happy for you. That is one of my favorite things - just wandering into stores that you have always wanted to look in. And, it is much easier when it is just you. I think it is so relaxing.

betsy said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I remember trying to shop in an antique store once in the not-too-distant-past with my darlings. Jonathan (who's 4) accidently bumped his head on the top corner of these stair-step shelves, and this little glass bird bounced from the top shelf down each shelf in consecutive order until it landed on the floor as the shop-keeper and I both watched in horrer. Fortunately it didn't break, but I quickly paid for the one item I had picked out and ushered my children out the door before a true disaster struck! Maybe next time I'll try your strategy (and maybe just bring one or two of my older ones). I too love shopping at antique stores though. Such lovely things can be found there!
Hope you are doing well!
Love and God bless you all,
Betsy and family

Michelle said...

I, too, always find it amazing how just a few hrs. away can refresh me. All you tend to hear about are retreats and weekend getaways for the ladies, but I don't really WANT to be gone for 2-3 days straight! I don't NEED that much time... I suppose it is kind of rare to find women who actually like to stay at home with their children now...

Full of Grace said...

This is a great picture of Matt! I am glad you had some one-on-one time with yourself!!! I can truly appreciate it again, now that I never have it myself :)