What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 16, 2007

Two Faithful Workers



A day rarely goes by that our faithful clothesline isn't working for us, happily flitting the clothes about in the wind.

And even more rarely, is the time when I am hanging my clothes all alone. Corynn has become a wonderful help to me, and often 'races' to be done first. She does everything small, and with two children three and under-there is LOTS.

She has even surprised me several times by taking 'her' clothes OFF the line (without my asking), folding and bringing them in. She lays the basket at my feet and shouts "SURPRISE!" Most often, it is dry.

Yesterday, however, she was a bit too enthusiastic and I kid you not, took down the clothes that we had JUST finished hanging not ten minutes prior! We were just about to leave to go to town and I was changing Andrew so I told her she must hang them back up. She sulked a bit-her surprise had gone awry, but did as she was told.

And I couldn't stifle the laughter, but I *did* make sure it was soft...
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Rebecca, just visiting from Jewels blog. the clothesline is a wonderful Idea. your daughter is a good little helper.

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! I love the smaller part on the clothesline and may just have to have hubby make an addition to ours.

BTW, I answered you on my blog :)

Mrs. MK said...

What a sweet daughter!!

My boys are great at laundry, too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh cute! What a sweet little helper!

Mrs. H said...

I'm going to show that to my DH. I think dd would love it!


Mrs. H

smilnsigh said...

THIS is a picture of your Mothering! And of your Homemaking! One of those photos which kind of says it all.

The drying in the sun/breeze speaks of your old fashioned {meaning Wholesome and Wonderful and Time Tested!} homemaking views.

Corynn doing the same, with little things on her little line, speaks to how you wish to pass such down, to your children.

And Corynn herself ~ the most perfect picture of Little Girlhood ~ with her golden hair and sweet dress. {Instead of constant t-shirts and shorts -sigh-}

A composite of our Rebecca...

Hugs, Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

Had to come back... :-)

Was reading over in Jewel's blog... If you go to this entry in her lovely 'Eyes Of Wonder' blog... and scroll down, you'll find more pics of little girls and dried laundry. It reminded me of Corynn and these pics. :-))))

Mari-Nanci

Tracy said...

We have a lower line for my daughter too. Corynn looks very hard at work!

Charity Grace said...

This is so precious!

Gena said...

That is the most adorable little clothes line. And, what a good helper Corynn is. I love to hang laundry out and my little one, who is 8, loves to help me with the laundry. You are so blessed.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a good idea! I'll have to see if dh can make a lower line for my girls to! They would just love this :-).