What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Midweek Break



Matt works this weekend. Blech.

He got yesterday off to make up for it. Whoopie!

It rained. Blech.

We went to a fun flea market in Amish country. Whoopie!

But since it rained, all the tables were 80% cleared up. Blech.

That was yesterday, in a nutshell. The goods and the bads. However, enduring the bads TOGETHER made them not so bad.

I got several vintage pillowcases (YEP. I am now official addicted. My eyes are ever searching...) for, you guessed it, pillowcase dresses at the only open table at the flea market.

Then, on the way home, I stopped at a yard sale at the home of some Mennonites and bought a few children's clothes. I found a handmade dress not finished yet (it needs only a zipper) in, coincidentally, the size Corynn will be in next year. It is a lovely yellow color. I bought it and put it in my mend pile. I chuckled that I bought something at a yard sale that needs fixing, but then I thought-if I were to make this dress myself....well, it would be more than 75cents and a lot more aggrevation! :-)

Today it is just as drabby outside. Must go grocery shopping. Then, I think I have a date in my craft room. Tonight~Nancy is coming over for another gab/craft session. FUN!

I leave you all with this little taunt...

I have a secret! I have a secret!

(Don't guess that I am pregnant-because I am not and you will make me cry.)

I should be revealing my little secret the end of next week. Yep. That would be a good time. In the meantime, I will keep plugging away...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Your blog is lovely! Will you share pictures with us of your finds yesterday? Pillowcase dresses sound pretty neat.

Can't wait to hear your secret.

Anonymous said...

Neat picture!

I think that most days are filled with some good and some bad. Hopefully the rest of your week is dominated by good stuff!

Leah Spencer said...

I don't think you're pregnant... I bet you're getting higher internet speed! :)

Kelli said...

A secret huh??!! Hmm......

Jthemilker said...

You are either moving or adopting???

Rebecca said...

I love all the guessing going on!

No-for higher internet speed (though I wish!)

Nopers-for moving. Thank goodness!

And No for adopting-though wouldn't THAT be the most wonderful thing of all??

No-my 'secret' is not as magnificent as all of these...but, still good. ;-)