What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My new best friend



BOBBY PINS!!!

I have been making some funky hairstyles recently, in an effort to beat the heat. It isn't working, but it IS helping some.

Bobby pins have become my new best friend...I even can make a REAL french twist now!

The other day, the object was to get the hair OFF my neck and quick. I didn't know what I had done, exactly, TO my hair-I only knew I had successed in my goal. Later that afternoon I caught a glimpse of it, and I thought it was pretty cool looking.

I took a picture because I know I will probably never be able to do it again...

(which by the way was VERY difficult to do by myself!)

:-)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Full of Grace said...

I love your hair- it looks beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely on you...but then again, you're lovely any way you wear your hair!
When my hair was longer, I used a flat springloaded clip that I found at Wal-Mart, twisted my hair up, and clipped it with that. It looked like a french twist as well. And you're right, in the heat, anyway you can get the hair off your neck is the way to go! LOL
Have a wonderful day!
Amy
PS...Hopefully when we slow down some, I'll be back to visiting my friends on a regular basis. We're heading out of town AGAIN tomorrow!

Gena said...

That is such a pretty up-do! And, the color of your hair is absolutely gorgeous. You did a great job.

Me said...

beautiful!

Tracy said...

Very, Very Pretty!

Bonnie said...

That picture is making me regret cutting my hair yesterday. Not regretting alot, but still, mild tinges(sp?).

Kelli said...

Your hair is gorgeous, Rebecca!! I keep my hair up in a bun a lot....not as pretty as yours though..I love it!
Kelli

Abigail said...

I love bobby pins, too. They're the secret to great hairstyles, world peace, and a host of other solutions.