What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Raindrops keep falling on my head...



because I am silly enough to be outside taking pictures. :-) It IS refreshing though. Almost like a mist.

I am, again, enjoying the solitude that rides in on the backs of raindrops. I have started to crochet a sweater, my first ever. We'll see how it goes. I found the pattern free but think it would be SUPER cute with a coordinated bonnet/hat, so, not ONLY will I be making a sweater for the first time ever, but, if all goes well, I will be designing my own pattern for the first time ever. I will certainly share the results, when I get them. Hopefully, they will be good.

In other news:

I am VERY proud to announce a great accomplishment that has taken place here!

Drumroll please.....

I have CLEANED OUT THE FRIDGE!!!

Dear me, it has been TOO long since I did that last. Really-scary stuff in there. But now it is neat and tidy. There is surprisingly more room in there too! ;-) I can see right into the crisper drawers and each time I view those neat little carrots in the dish (instead of the ugly bag) it makes me happy. I put paper towels on the bottom of the drawers, with hopes that they will 'catch' falls and help me to keep things CLEANER from now on. I hope that it will be so.

Other tasks these days include laundry and packing. We are headed 'back home' this weekend, to visit with family and so that I might FINALLY fulfill my promise to Corynn (and myself!) that SOMETIME this summer, we SHALL be visiting a zoo. Oh, she would LOVE it so! And the Panda too. I look forward with each anticipation. We are about due for an extraordinary adventure. It has been too long!

And now, I am off. But don't forget...

Tomorrow is the B.I.G day. A secret sharing day! Are you excited?

I am!

;-)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Oh such beautiful photos you take!!!

Mari-Nanci

Alison B. said...

i love secrets. can' t wait to hear yours.

Full of Grace said...

Purely Hypothetically answering your question, mind you, since you asked. I am not sure however the vibrant colors sound extra exciting. I believe that with her dark hair and blue eyes something with teal in it would look extra special but honestly, I don't really know quite yet because she has a limited amt of clothing in vibrant colors thus far. Hope this helps, just a little.

Abigail said...

"What's the SECRET?!?!"
I ask this most patiently.

If you've a second or more to kill and you feel the need to drop in on a messy house, do so, or we could try to sneak you into the zoo! I know that spare seconds are nearly impossible to find in whirlwind homeward visits, though-- thank goodness those days are presently over for us-- but I extend the offer anyway.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and we'll absorb the Newman aura wafting through the air! :)