What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, July 02, 2007

Nightlights





This weekend we had houseguests. My sister and bro. in law came with their four children. It was lots 'o fun, as usual. As I was hustling about, just an hour or so before they arrived, I saw this weird glow coming from under the doorway. I opened the door and what I saw about took my breath away. I ran inside and grabbed the camera and took about a gazillion shots. You can't ever really see sunsets from our house, because it is surrounded by trees on all four sides. But THIS sunset was SO magnificent, it swallowed the WHOLE sky. Breathtaking.

ANyway. I have just BOMBARDED this blog with pictures. Funny THIS MANY pictures could be taken in a three day period. Sorry folks. I feel for ya, I really do. But, it is SO much easier to post these HERE than to scrapbook them right now. That will be saved for another day-and so you must suffer.

I avoided this computer like the plaque this morning, because I REALLY have to start teaching Corynn to read. I mean, golly. The girl is ready if it weren't for her slacking Mama. So, I wanted until rest time to start posting and it worked out splendidly. I think I will continue this tradition.

Have a happy day!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Full of Grace said...

My photos are so blurry since we were driving with the windows up, but yours are MAGNIFICENT!!! Absolutely breathtaking Rebecca, Really!!!

smilnsigh said...

Love your photos. I understand about not seeing sunset. Nor a real sunrise. We too have trees around and the way the land lays and... well, we don't. So seeing something that gives us a real sunset, is wonderful too. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Kelli said...

Gorgeous sunset photos, Rebecca!!
I got your wonderful letter yesterday, I will write back soon!
Have a wonderful 4th of July with your family!
Kelli

Abigail said...

Really, feel free to bombard anytime! :)

(I do the same thing. Blogs are an easy way to archive photos without actually sorting and burning copies and blahbideeboo.)

Gena said...

Spectacular photos! I don't blame you for taking so many pictures.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Absolutely beautiful!!